No one wants to look older than their years. Fine lines and wrinkles on the face are a big no-no. We all want to wipe aging from showing on our skin, especially on the face. That’s why a lot of people spend their time, effort and money to have a younger looking skin.
Looking younger does not have to be expensive. There are a lot of things you can do to get a younger looking skin naturally.
Here are five tricks you can do to look and feel younger:
1. One way is to stay out of the sun. The harmful UV rays can cause damage to your skin and can lead to premature skin aging. If you have to go out, wear sunscreen at all times. Try using sunscreen with at least SPF 15 or higher, depending on your skin type. You can consult with your dermatologist if you need to get a higher dosage.
Limit the time you spend in the sun, even if it is winter or a cloudy day. The sun’s rays are stronger between the hours of 10AM and 4PM. Try to avoid going out during these times. However, make sure that you still get enough sun exposure to prevent running the risk of vitamin D deficiency.
If you have to go out, make sure you wear a hat with a wide brim to shield your face from the sun. Use sunglasses to protect your eyes from the damaging UV rays. You can also bring an umbrella with you when you take a stroll in the park with your dog. Make sure to apply moisturizers as much as possible if you have dry skin.
2. You can keep your skin looking younger by following a good diet. What you eat can have a huge impact to your skin. Fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants can help eliminate free radicals, which can cause fine lines and wrinkles. Drinking green tea for example helps boost your immune system and protects your body from harmful oxidants.
3. Eat food rich in omega-3 fats such as fish, flax seeds and walnuts help keep your skin cells healthy and hydrated. Eating strawberries can help ward off dry skin and wrinkles as it is rich in vitamin C. Tomatoes, watermelon and carrots are also good for you as it contains lycopene which is found to make skin smooth.
4. Have a healthy lifestyle is also a key in looking younger. Avoid smoking and drinking too much as they can damage your blood vessels in the long run. This can lead to visible blood vessels on your face and flushed skin. Also, too much sugar and refined carbohydrates can lead to appearance of wrinkles and saggy skin.
5. Drink plenty of water every day. Water helps maintain your skin’s moisture level and aids hydration of your skin cells as well. It also replaces lost body fluids and can heal sunburns as well.
Looking younger can be achieved without resorting to surgery or exposure to other chemicals. Having a healthy lifestyle can do wonders for your skin that no treatment, cream or salve can do.